The Social Media Marketing Certificate Program
is now available online. The Online Social Media Marketing Certificate Program is taught asynchronously by the same instructor who teaches the in-class program. The online class will cover the same content as the in-class program, but you have the freedom to set the time and location. The content will be available to you anywhere in the world, as long as you have an internet connection. You get the same great class and content but on your own schedule.
Social networks are an essential part of a successful digital marketing mix. The Social Media Marketing Certificate program will prepare you to market your business, your clients or your company using cutting-edge social networks like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest and more. In this program you will have access to multi-media demonstrations and lectures, in-depth content, case studies and testimonials from businesses successfully using social media marketing. You will receive case studies throughout class to observe, share comments and create discussions with peers and the instructor.
For More Information, Contact:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (312) 362-5913
- FAX: (312) 362-6540
Who Should Attend
This program is ideal for individuals looking to gain a deeper understanding of social marketing, experienced digital marketers looking to expand their knowledge, and marketing professionals or those in transition.
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Nonprofit and small business staff
- Marketing professionals
- Gain access to real-time case studies, peer-to-peer networking and feedback from peers and instructor
- Learn the fundamentals of social media marketing, including monitoring and listening, creating a plan, tools and resources and measuring results
- Identify and understand the various social networks and how to integrate these marketing channels into your current digital and offline marketing programs
- Learn how to utilize advertising campaigns within social networks
- Understand the integration of social media marketing with other digital campaigns, including SEO and email marketing
- Acquire practical experience using web analytics and social media measurement tools
- Be able to take this course from anywhere with Internet access
Week 1: Introduction to Social Media Certificate
- Stats and insights
- Golden rules of social media
- Goals, resources and team building
- A day in the life of a Community Manager
- Content and social media
- Case studies
- Review suggested readings, assignments and final project
Week 2: Social Strategy, Creative & Execution
- Deeper dive: Facebook, Twitter, G+, YouTube, LinkedIn and Pinterest
- Advertising on social media
- Posting and moderating: creating a strong dialogue
- Case studies
Week 3: Listening, Monitoring, Research, Advocacy & Tools
- Connect social media to other digital channels
- Email marketing and video
- Search engine marketing, SEO and content optimization
- Offline marketing
Week 4: Cross - Channel Integration
- Listening and monitoring overview
- Listening to action
- Tools and resources – free and paid
- Creating advocates and managing evangelism for your brand/product
- Creating guidelines and policies for SMM
Week 5: Putting it into Action
- Building a plan
- Guidelines and governance
- Benchmarking and KPIs
- Reporting and measurement overview
- Sample reports
- Additional resources and materials
- Final project due
Frequently Asked Questions
for DePaul University Continuing and Professional Education departmental student policies.
Are there required texts for this course?
Students will be provided a list of suggested learning materials which are optional. This will include books, videos, eBooks and articles. Some of these materials will be discussed in class sessions. Some additional optional materials will be available via the class website as well.
Are there any materials I will need to purchase for this program?
Students will be required to watch selected video content during the class sessions. There will be no additional costs for materials.
What are the requirements to earn the certificate?
Students will be expected to present a case study or research project during the final course session. Students will also be asked to leave comments or replies to group conversations during and throughout the course session.
What is the difference between the Social Media Marketing Seminar and the Social Media Marketing Certificate Program?
The Social Media Marketing Seminar
is a one-day introductory course for people brand-new to social media marketing. The Social Media Marketing Certificate Program is a six-week advanced program that will begin with the fundamentals of social media marketing and include in-depth views of social media from leading experts as a serious and performance-based marketing channel with measurable reporting metrics.
Is this program very technical?
This program is geared toward marketing professionals. While there are some technical topics covered, these are explained in a way that a non-technical person can understand.
Do I need a computer?
You will need access to a computer (Windows or Mac OS X) and a reliable (broadband) connection to the Internet.
What are the requirements for the Integrated Marketing Communications Certificate?
To receive the IMC certificate
, students must successfully complete five required courses and one elective course. Follow the link to learn more about the IMC Certificate and review the list of courses.
Online registration is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Add the course you are interested in to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout. Registration is also available via phone, fax or mail. An Adobe Acrobat PDF
of the registration form is provided for your convenience.
Add to Shopping Cart
||Monday, March 27 - Sunday, May 7, 2017, 24-hour access online
||18 Contact Hours
Registration - $75 late fee applied to all registrations received after 3/20/2017||$1,495.00