In today’s competitive business environment, many companies have implemented a Six Sigma program to enable continuous improvement of their products and processes using very structured and quantitative methods. Six Sigma Black Belts are asked to continuously manage and improve these projects through their extensive knowledge of Six Sigma tools and methodologies.
The Six Sigma Black Belt Certificate Program is a 12-week online program designed for experienced practitioners who wish to develop the critical skills required for a black belt certificate. This includes training in statistical analysis, financial analysis, problem solving and project management. During the program you will work on a project that will provide you with an opportunity to utilize these new skills.
The Six Sigma Black Belt Certificate provides a solid foundation for those who plan to take the American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified Six Sigma Black Belt certification exam and earn the designation of ASQ Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB).
For More Information, Contact:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (312) 362-5792
- FAX: (312) 362-8764
Who Should Attend
Professionals engaged in continuous improvement in their organization or who are selected to lead or participate as an effective member of a Six Sigma project team will benefit from this certificate program.
You will be capable of leading continuous improvement projects by applying the Six Sigma problem solving process and statistical methods.
Specifically, upon completion of the program, you will:
- Explain Six Sigma philosophies and principles
- Have a fundamental understanding of the project management techniques
- Understand the basic elements of define, measure, analyze, improve, and control
- Comprehend the lean concepts for waste elimination
- Calculate the solutions for a variety of statistical methods including sampling plans, statistical process control, probability, process capability, regression, correlation and hypothesis testing
- Understand how to perform a design of experiments
- Identify how team management applies to Six Sigma
- Explain the parts of the quality function deployment model
- Evaluate a failure mode and effects analysis chart
The topics covered include:
- Six Sigma principles and best practices
- Enterprise-wide deployment of Six Sigma
- Enterprise leadership
- Process management
- Performance measures
- Team management
- Decision-making tools
- Planning tools
- DMAIC (define, measure, analyze, improve, control) methodology
- Voice of customer
- Project management
- Process capability
- Hypothesis testing
- Failure modes and effects analysis
- Design of experiments
- Lean principles and waste elimination
- Theory of constraints
- Risk analysis
- Statistical process control
- Design for Six Sigma
- Robust design
Frequently Asked Questions
for DePaul University Continuing and Professional Education departmental student policies.
Are textbooks required for this course?
Yes. The Six Sigma Black Belt Certificate study material is the “Certified Six Sigma Black Belt Primer”
which is available to purchase online from the Quality Council of Indiana at www.qualitycouncil.com
Does this program qualify for financial assistance through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)?
In order to find out if you qualify for financial assistance, you must first contact Workforce Development. As a certified program under the ILLINOIS workNet
initiative, this program has been approved for workforce training grants for those who are eligible. Funding may
be available for those receiving unemployment benefits. Please contact us or Workforce Development for more information.
Online registration is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Add the course you are interested in to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout. Registration is also available via phone, fax or mail. An Adobe Acrobat PDF
of the registration form is provided for your convenience.